Thank you so much for your interest in serving in IOF's Children's Ministry. We take great care in placing adults in ministry with our children. We are rightly held accountable for every adult we approve to influence the children and families at IOF. Consequently, we ask that our volunteers recognize what the Bible teaches in regards to family and lifestyle choices, especially the standards for leadership.
If you are a participant in any of the following lifestyles, we ask that you not apply to serve or lead in a family ministry environment:
1. Living with someone of the opposite sex outside of marriage
2. Participating in a homosexual relationship
3. Married but pursuing an affair outside of marriage
4. Using alcohol excessively or abusing prescription drugs
5. Using illegal drugs and marijuana
At IOF we believe that God loves all people and His grace is offered to everyone, regardless of his or her current lifestyle. However, those aspiring to leadership and influence in the church are held to a higher standard.
If you have concerns, questions, or feel that the guidelines listed above disqualify you from serving, please contact Debbie Giroux, Dir. of Family Ministry, and she will be glad to discuss this with you further.